bflist#202. DEAN MCDERMOTT (living) Bands assoc./w: actor. Real Name: same. Religious Beliefs: unknown, though he starred in a Christian movie in 2008.
bflist#201. KATIE HOPKINS (living). Bands assoc./w: reality tv participant, tabloid columnist, media personality. Real name: Katie Olivia Hopkins. Religious beliefs: UNCERTAIN. Has made made Reference on Twitter at Easter time about JESUS and the Resurrection.
247. ALISON KRAUSS (living). Bands assoc./w: Union Station, solo w/band; singer-songwriter, musician. Has played with many artists including Robert Plant and other bluegrass/country artists. Real name: Alison Maria Krauss. Religious beliefs: Christian. Although she rarely discusses her religious beliefs, the great number of Christian songs she has performed and how she always quietly reflects the Lord seems to shine out.
246. JOHN FOGERTY (living). Bands assoc./w: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Blue Ridge Rangers, the Golliwogs, the Blue Velvets, solo w/band; singer-songwriter, musician, producer. Real name: John Cameron Fogerty. Religious beliefs: uncertain. His wife Julie encouraged him to forgive his former bandmates and he learned how to forgive, but it is not known if he has any other religious beliefs. Some of his early songs concerned walking on water and gospel topics and more recently he recorded a hymn, "Have Thine Own Way."
244. BECK (living). Bands assoc./w: solo w/band; singer-songwriter, musician, producer. He has collaborated with many artists. Real name: Bek David Campbell. A.K.A.: Beck Hansen. Religious beliefs: raised Jewish; grandfather was Presbyterian minister; is Scientologist.
243. JEFF BECK (living). Bands assoc./w: The Yardbirds, Jeff Beck Group, Beck, Bogert & Appice, the Honeydrippers, Upp, the Big Town Playboys, the Rumbles, the Tridents, solo w/band; singer-songwriter, musician, producer and actor. Real name: Geoffrey Arnold Beck. Religious beliefs: unknown. Sang in a church choir at age 10.
238. MARTY BALIN (living). Bands assoc./w: Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, KBC Band, solo w/band; singer-songwriter, musician, producer. Real name: Martyn Jerel Buchwald. Religious beliefs: unknown. His father was Jewish and his mother Episcopal.
237. JORMA KAUKONEN (living). Bands assoc./w: Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna; musician, singer-songwriter. Real name: Jorma Ludwik Kaukonen. Religious beliefs: He is half Jewish but has been non-religious. He along with his wife have converted to Judaism recently. Having played blues and early gospel blues he is familiar with Christian themes such as by Rev. Gary Davis.
236. GRACE SLICK (living). Bands assoc./w: Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Starship and the Great Society; singer-songwriter, musician, former model. Real name: Grace Barnett Wing Slick. Religious beliefs: baptized Episcopal. She is not religious, but spiritual. She is tolerant of all religions as long as they don't preach killing.
235. JONI MITCHELL (living). Bands assoc./w: singer-songwriter, solo w/band. She has collaborated with many in folk, rock, pop and jazz. Real name: Roberta Joan Anderson Mitchell. Religious beliefs: although she is a free-thinker, some of her writings seem to be religious in nature. See Michael Moriarty's analysis on her website, jonimitchell.com. She has stated she is not limited to any one religion but seems to embrace the best of all. Note: she has Morgellon's Disease, in which the patient believes something is crawling inside her skin. Pray for her.
234. BRIAN WILSON (living). Bands assoc./w: Beach Boys, solo w/band; singer-songwriter, musician, record producer, arranger. Real name: Brian Douglas Wilson. Religious beliefs: universal consciousness (we are all part of God and everything is connected together). Brian spent some time singing in church choir as a young boy.
233. VAN MORRISON (living). Bands assoc./w: Them; solo w/band. Real name: George Ivan Morrison. Religious beliefs: Believes in God and has sung many spiritual songs with heartfelt emphasis. Studied Scientology in early 80's but later declared he follows no leader, sect or creed.
231. JACK NICHOLSON (living). Bands assoc./w: actor, director, producer, writer. Real name: John Joseph Nicholson. Religious beliefs: raised Roman Catholic; has stated he is not religious; has also called himself Reichian; at least one source lists him as atheist. Note: It is reported that Jack has Alzheimers and may need constant care.
227. CHRISTINE McVIE (living). Bands assoc./w: Fleetwood Mac, Chicken Shack, Sounds of Blue, solo w/band (as Christine Perfect and as Christine McVie). Real name: Christine Anne Perfect McVie. Religious beliefs: unknown; her mother was a medium/faith healer, so if anything, she may be spiritual but not religious.
222. CHRIS SQUIRE (deceased). Bands assoc./w: Yes, XYZ, the Selfs, the Syn, Mabel Greer's Toyshop, Conspiracy; singer-songwriter, musician. Real name: Christopher Edward Russell Squire. Religious beliefs: unknown. As a child he spent time in church choirs and played his first gig in a church.
221. JOHN WAITE (living). Bands assoc./w: The Babys; Bad English, solo w/band; Alison Krauss, Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band; singer-songwriter, musician. Real name: John Charles Waite. Religious beliefs: although he has written songs about God and Jesus, he insists he is not religious.
220. BILLY GIBBONS (living). Bands assoc./w: Z Z Top, Moving Sidewalks, the Coachmen; musician, singer-songwriter, producer, actor, businessman. Real name: William Frederick Gibbons. A.K.A. Billy F. Gibbons, BFG, the Rev. Willy G. Religious beliefs: unknown. Despite calling himself a reverend, many references to Jesus, have mercy, hallelujah etc. he has made no statements of faith.