144. PETER FRAMPTON (living). Bands assoc./w: Humble Pie; the Herd; the Preachers; the Train; Frampton's Camel; solo w/band. Real name: Peter Kenneth Frampton. A.K.A: "The Face" of 1968 (with The Herd). Religious beliefs: unknown. He had a near-death experience and had to look more seriously at life.
143. ROBERT PLANT (living). Bands assoc./w: Led Zeppelin; Band of Joy; Obs-Tweedle; Strange Sensations; Page-Plant; Honeydrippers; Crawling Kingsnakes; Black Snake Moan; Priory of Brion; Listen; Alexis Korner; duo w/Alison Krauss. Real name: Robert Anthony Plant. Religious beliefs: unknown; he has had interest in various religions and the occult. Lately, he has worked with Christians T-Bone Burnett and Buddy Miller. On his last album, he recorded an old Christian song, "Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down." Pray for him.
142. JOHN PAUL JONES (living). Bands assoc./w: Led Zeppelin; Deltas; Jett Blacks; Jet Harris & Tony Meehan; session musician, arranger, composer; solo w/band. Real name: John Baldwin. Religious beliefs: unknown. He attended Christ College in London. At age 14 he became choirmaster and organist in a local church.
141. JIMMY PAGE (living). Bands assoc./w: Led Zeppelin; Yardbirds; Page-Plant; Coverdale-Page; Honeydrippers; The Firm; XYZ; session musician. Real name: James Patrick Page. Religious beliefs: he is known for an interest in the occult and Aleister Crowley, although in recent years he has backed off from that.
130. TIM HUGHES* (living). Bands assoc./w: solo w/band. Real name: same. NOTE: NOT to be confused with British worship leader Tim Hughes or country singer Tim Hughes; he is Canadian. Religious beliefs: raised by Christian parents, accepted his own beliefs. UNCERTAIN.
124. DOUG INGLE (living). Bands assoc./w: Iron Butterfly; Palace Pages; Jeri & the Jeritones; the Progressives. Real name: Douglas Ingle. Religious beliefs: his new album seems to be New Age. His father was a church organist, so he spent some time in church when young. Has great respect for the church and did not want to offend Christians when he wrote "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" (originally meant to be "In the Garden of Eden.")
118. GRAHAM NASH (living). Bands assoc./w: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young; the Hollies; Crosby & Nash; solo w/band. Real name: Graham William Nash. Religious beliefs: unknown. Stumbling blocks include the Crusades (Middle Ages) and God-ordered killing in the Old Testament.
115. BUDDY FLETT (living). Bands assoc./w: The Bluebirds; A-Train; solo w/band. Real name: same. Religious beliefs: unknown. The Bluebirds opened for a gospel concert a few years ago. NOTE: Buddy came down with infectuous encephalitis a few years back. He has undergone much therapy to try to recover his faculties. Pray for him.
113. RY COODER (living). Bands assoc./w: solo w/band; Fusion; Little Village; Captain Beefheart; Taj Mahal; session player and film scorer. Real name: Ryland Peter Cooder. Religious beliefs: UNCERTAIN. He has worked with gospel artists and recorded gospel songs.
104. PETER GABRIEL (living). Bands assoc./w: Genesis; solo w/band. Real name: Peter Brian Gabriel. Religious beliefs: Uncertain. He composed the music score for the controversial movie The Last Temptation of Christ. It is thought that he believes in God but admires Buddhist lifestyle. When questioned about his work on Last Temptation, he replied (something to the effect of): "well, if it causes someone to lose faith in God, their belief must not be very strong. I'm proud of my work on it."